Monday, November 12, 2012

Samsung UN40C6300 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED TV, Graphite

The Samsung LED 6300: LED picture quality meets Auto Motion Plus 120Hz technology, with gorgeous results. The 6300””s LED Ultra Clear Panel absorbs ambient light and virtually eliminates reflections, for a more comfortable viewing environment. It””s beautiful form and function, complementing the most stylish of décor.
I purchased this Samsung after returning a 2010 46″ Sony EX500. Sony was always a standard in quality for me, but something has really gone amis in the past few years. The television just lacked the deep black levels and crisp whites that make an impressive picture. That aside, this model Samsung was a downgrade in screen size, but a big increase in quality.The picture is amazing. Although there are some issues with extremely fast movement, creating “artifacts”, the picture quality is superb. The LED back-lighting is new in my household, so we weren”t sure what to expect. The blacks are inky, and the brights could sear eyeballs if you turn the brightness to maximum. Compared to the Sony, changing channels is super quick and the remote control feels lighter and has a more intuitive layout. What”s interesting to me is that the picture this Samsung produces is much smoother than what I”ve witnessed on any other TV.
First, let me start by saying I was lured in by Samsung”s reputation from years past. They really did make some fantastic televisions and I was caught up by the hype.The number one most grating flaw of this television is caused by what has been termed the “panel lottery”. Basically Samsung no longer produces all of the panels it uses in this model, instead outsources to different manufacturers.I ended up with a CN02 panel which is by a chineese manufacturer and is considered the bottom of the barrel and can agree. What caused me to learn of this lottery was internet research as to why my TV looked so awful compared to the ones in the stores.What really destroyed this TV for me was horrible, (AND I MEAN HORRIBLE) backlight bleeding/flashlighting. Uniformity on the CN02 panel is the worst I have ever seen on any LCD including computer monitors.
Purchased this via Amazon.com and have now had for about a month. This is a great High Definition TV(my 3rd) especially where space is a limitation. The picture quality is excellent – very clear and the image nearly jumps off the screen. It is ultra sharp with little to no processing artifacts. I also have a Sony BRAVIA LCD 40″ which is 2-3 years old but the picture is no where near as clear and free of artifacts as the Samsung 40″ LED-LCD and the Samsung generates less hear – i.e. uses less power. Highly recommended in this screen size class.
Read more here.

No comments: